If you would like to submit your manuscript, here’s how:
As a writer interested in seeing your book “in print,” you are knocking on the door of one of the most glamorous yet mysterious institutions in this country: the Publishing Industry. We know (all too well, unfortunately) that most publishers ignore potential authors, but we are different. We will tell you the truth, even if it hurts, and you will get to talk to a real person. (Imagine that!)
We embrace you. Rest assured there will be no mystery about whether or not we received your proposal. We will call, email, Tweet, Facebook or throw rocks at your bedroom window!
Our commitment to you is to actually review your information and consider it for publication with StoneHouse Ink. If we love it you might get a super cool call back. If we loathe it, we may burn your MS and hire some kid to bring you a rejection letter–but we really hate to do that to a poor kid… so who knows.
The venture of publishing is not without risk… but the rewards can be substantial.
Your manuscript has an excellent chance of success in one of our publishing channels if we accept it (big IF, people … we have limited capacity and simply can’t take on every great project that comes our way), but we do need to face facts. Both you and we will have to contribute an enormous amount of time, work, attention, and blood to secure that success … did we mention blood?
We are excited to hear about your book and are honored that you would like us to consider publishing it.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- We work with agented and un-agented authors.
- Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Already-published authors looking to publish back list titles.
- Already-published authors looking to re-brand and relaunch titles.
- Genres: mainly Thriller, Suspense, Young Adult. We will consider most genres EXCEPT Romance and Erotica. We do not publish non-fiction.
- Submissions that come to us via referral always get priority.
- In 2013 we will take up to six new, unpublished authors. We will only consider new authors who come to us through referral (agents, our trusted contacts, etc), or we’ve spoken to in person at conferences, trade shows, etc. New authors must be actively engaged on multiple social media platforms.
Submissions must meet the following guidelines or we will freak out:
- MS Word .doc and .docx files only.
- Times New Roman 12 pt, double spaced.
- Synopsis in 500 words or less, submitted in a separate .doc or .docx with the title “(Your Book Title Here) Synopsis”.
- Submissions with any part of the manuscript or synopsis pasted into the message (“inline”) will be rejected; no exceptions.
Please send all submissions to: email@example.com (we know…no way cool email address to look all pro, but you are messing with uber out-there thinkers, so who cares about that email extension?)
Please understand that if we’re unable to publish your book, it’s not because we don’t like it. We really, really want to publish most of the manuscripts that come our way. But, StoneHouse Ink is a small publishing house and we simply don’t have the capacity to take on every project we’d like to.